FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailMatteo Marchi/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Basketball star Kevin Durant was among four Brooklyn Nets players who tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus on Tuesday.“All players and members of the Nets travel party are being asked to remain isolated, closely monitor their health and maintain constant communication with team medical staff,” the Nets said in a statement. “The health of our players and staff is of the highest priority to the organization and the team is doing everything within its power to ensure that those affected receive the best care possible.”All four players are isolated, the team confirmed. Beau Lund A statement from the Brooklyn Nets: pic.twitter.com/QnETcDEHCJ— Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) March 17, 2020Following the announcement, Durant told The Athletic that he was feeling fine and urged the public to “be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine. We’re going to get through this.”The NBA player, who stands at 6 feet 10 inches tall, currently has a four-year contract worth up to $164 million to play for the Nets after spending the past three seasons with the Golden State Warriors, winning two titles and being named NBA Finals MVP twice. He didn’t play this season, though, due to rehabilitating an Achilles tendon injury.Durant and his teammates join Utah Jazz stars Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell and the Detroit Pistons’ Christian Wood as professional basketball players known to have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved. March 18, 2020 /Sports News – National Kevin Durant tests positive for coronavirus, urges others to quarantine Written by
Working together with Merseyside Police, we sought criminal prosecutions against the pair and we welcome the substantial sentence, which should serve as a warning to others that there are severe consequences if you defy insolvency and company laws. Today’s sentencing shows that the courts do take the issue of fraud very seriously. Some of the people who were taken in by this fraud were small businesses who were just trying to make a living. No matter what type of company you run, you have to comply with all your legal responsibilities. Mark and Kelie Taylor failed to act responsibly when they were involved with Global Media Corporation and in particular, Mark Taylor was a persistent offender having already been banned from running companies. Merseyside Police’s Economic Crime team have actively targeted publishing fraudsters over the last four to five years, resulting in a large number of arrests and lengthy convictions. Merseyside Police will continue to target those engaged in this type of crime. They were contacted out of the blue and asked to take out advertisements to support emergency organisations and these organisations preyed on the fact that most people would be happy to pay to assist the emergency services. They were then given sub-standard examples of work or received no feedback when they asked questions about issues such as circulation figures. Some businesses were also sent invoices for work they hadn’t agreed to. Mark William Taylor, 51, and Kelie Taylor, 34, of Ellesmere Port, appeared at Liverpool Crown Court on 10 December 2018 following a joint investigation between Merseyside Police and the Insolvency Service’s Criminal Enforcement Team.The case centred on the activities of Global Media Corporation Ltd and Paramount Media Company between 2009 and 2014. The two Wirral-based companies were operated by Mark Taylor, despite being previously disqualified from being a company director.Following a large number of complaints to Action Fraud in relation to the two companies, investigators found that sales representatives would cold-call companies offering advertising space in various magazines which reportedly supported the emergency services.The victims were led to believe that they were investing in legitimate advertising space in magazines to assist the emergency services which are printed and then distributed to a large catchment area.While the majority of the complainants did not pay any money, they were harassed and intimidated by the suspects with threats of debt recovery and litigation.In some cases, sales staff would inform the victims that they were members of the police service or calling from another emergency service.Mark Taylor was banned by the courts for 15 years in April 2016, the maximum term that can be applied, after investigators were able to prove that he acted as a director when he was banned from doing so. Kelie Taylor received an 11-year directorship disqualification from the courts at the same time for allowing her husband to run companies when he had been banned.And husband and wife were both banned from running companies for allowing Global Media Corporation to fail in its duties to HMRC and carry out dishonest sales tactics.Following the disqualifications, Mark Taylor was sentenced to 4.5 years having previously pleaded guilty to two counts of fraud relating to Paramount Media Company and Global Media Corporation, as well as one count of acting in the management of a company – GMC Ltd – while being disqualified from being a company director and perjury.Kelie Taylor pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting Mark Taylor’s disqualification and received a 2-year community order, 175 hours of unpaid work and a supervision requirement for 12 months.John Fitzsimmons, Deputy Chief Investigation Officer for the Insolvency Service, said: Detective Sergeant Joanne Devers, said:
Ørsted has contracted LOC Group to carry out Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) services for the Hornsea Project Two offshore wind farm in the UK.Under the 18-month agreement, LOC London and LOC Singapore will execute all MWS work on the project’s substations.“Hornsea Two is a game-changing renewable energy project in terms of both scale and value. Our suppliers are a pivotal part of the project team and play an important role in realizing the project,” said Peter Clusky, Senior Supply Chain Development Manager at Ørsted.“We continue to deliver on our commitment to support the development of a competitive UK supply chain that can benefit from the many opportunities in Ørsted’s global portfolio of projects in the UK and around the world.”Sembcorp Marine is in charge of fabricating the offshore substation and the Reactive Compensation Station (RCS) for Hornsea Project Two at its yard facilities in Singapore, as part of a contract signed in May 2018.Semco Maritime will develop the electrical and mechanical basic engineering design of the structures.The 1.4GW Hornsea Project Two will feature 165 Siemens Gamesa 8MW turbines installed some 89km from the Yorkshire coast. It will become the world’s biggest offshore wind farm when operational in 2022.
Share Soldiers help extinguish a fire at a building adjacent to the interior ministry set by former police officers in downtown Cairo 15 Views no discussions From Ivan Watson and Amir Ahmed, CNN Share Sharing is caring! The incident comes as Egyptians continue to work to create the new leadership structure of the country after the revolution.State-run media reported Wednesday that there have been about 1,300 official complaints against former Egyptian ministers and government officials.Interior Minister Mahmoud Wagdi said he ordered that all the complaints, many of them about government waste and corruption, be investigated, state-run EgyNews website reported.The investigation into the complaints comes after authorities in Egypt froze the assets of former President Hosni Mubarak and his family, state-run media has reported.Attorney General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud requested the action, according to EgyNews website.Along with Mubarak’s assets, those belonging to his wife, Suzanne, were also frozen, along with the assets of the former president’s eldest son, Alaa, and younger son, Gamal, and both of the sons’ wives, according to the report.After 30 years, Mubarak stepped down as Egypt’s president February 11 following 18 days of unrest.Witnesses said the fire was started by protesters upset about labor issues and the blaze could have been ignited by Molotov cocktails.Part of a building, and surrounding buildings such as the criminal records building, had been torched as well as several cars.Soldiers and police rushed to scene and a couple of men could be seen being detained.The compound is three blocks away from Tahrir Square and violent clashes occurred in the area during the Egyptian revolution. Tweet Share The incident comes as Egyptians continue to work to create the new leadership structure of the country after the revolution.State-run media reported Wednesday that there have been about 1,300 official complaints against former Egyptian ministers and government officials.Interior Minister Mahmoud Wagdi said he ordered that all the complaints, many of them about government waste and corruption, be investigated, state-run EgyNews website reported.The investigation into the complaints comes after authorities in Egypt froze the assets of former President Hosni Mubarak and his family, state-run media has reported.Attorney General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud requested the action, according to EgyNews website.Along with Mubarak’s assets, those belonging to his wife, Suzanne, were also frozen, along with the assets of the former president’s eldest son, Alaa, and younger son, Gamal, and both of the sons’ wives, according to the report.After 30 years, Mubarak stepped down as Egypt’s president February 11 following 18 days of unrest.CNN’s Amir Ahmed contributed to this report. News Part of Interior Ministry compound torched in Cairo by: – February 23, 2011
On this day in history, Haitian Dictator François (“Papa Doc”) Duvalier was installed as “President for Life” on June 22, 1964. Papa Doc was elected “President” on Sept. 22, 1957, and inaugurated Oct. 22nd.Born in poverty in Port‐au‐Prince on April 14, 1907 to Duval Duvalier, a school teacher, and Uritia Abraham, a bakery worker. Duvalier graduated from the University Of Haiti School Of Medicine, in 1934. Following graduation, he worked as a travelling doctor in rural Haiti where he won the respect of the suffering and superstitious, as a doctor who could “work miracles.” Garnering the support of regional voodoo houngans (witch doctors), he published the book, “Gradual Evolution of Voodoo” in 1944.In 1946 Duvalier served as Director General of the national Public Health Service and in 1948, having become interested in politics, he was made Secretary of Labor, however, being anti the current Magloire regime, Duvalier was forced into exile. When General Magloire was deposed in 1956, Duvalier returned from exile and returned to politics.After having won by an overwhelming majority, in the 1957 elections, Duvalier set to work recruiting the notorious Tontons Macoutes who were responsible for carrying out orders to rid the country of and/or detain any enemies, to silence the media by bombing newspapers and jailing editors and publishers of local periodicals.Duvalier suffered from trust issues, and frequently “retired” generals who he felt may potentially lead coups against him. In 1959, following a coup attempt by Haitian exiles, Papa Doc suffered a serious heart attack that almost killed him. Following his recovery, Duvalier jailed his stand-in and went on to rig elections in his favor in 1961.During his rule, the notorious dictator was so consumed with his own power and a need to be seen as the loved leader of Haiti, that he ordered huge likenesses of himself plastered on walls in the capital city, Port‐au Prince, and from time to time required “spontaneous” demonstrations of affection, busing in thousands of the largely illiterate and desperately poor to the capital, to scream adoringly, “Du‐val‐yeah, Du‐val‐yeah!” and “Viva Papa Doc!” The dictator also known to have indoctrinated Haitian children with a political catechism that included his own parody of The Lord’s Prayer:“Our Doc, who art in the National Palace for life, Hallowed be Thy name by present and future generations. Thy will be done at Port‐au‐Prince and in the provinces. Give us this day our new Haiti and never forgive the trespasses of the anti-patriots who spit every day on our country; let them succumb to temptation, and under the weight of their venom, deliver them not from any evil . . .”Duvalier remained in power until he died in 1971, succeeded by his son, Jean‑Claude Duvalier.