The Attorney General’s Office announced today that John Burgart of Fair Haven, Vermont pled guilty in Vermont Superior Court, Chittenden Criminal Division, to one count of Home Improvement Fraud.According to documents filed with the court, John Burgart of Burgart Roofing, Inc. entered into a contract with a couple from Underhill, Vermont to replace the roof on their home for $14,798.00. Burgart required and the couple paid a down payment of $8,525.00 in order to purchase the materials necessary to perform under the contract. However, Burgart neither purchased any of the materials nor performed any of the required work. In addition, Burgart failed to return the $8,525.00 down payment when the couple requested, in writing, that he do so.Pursuant to a plea agreement, Burgart was sentenced to zero to one year incarceration all suspended with probation. As part of his probation, Burgart must pay full restitution in the amount of $8,525.00. In addition, Burgart will be placed in the Vermont Attorney General’s Office’s Home Improvement Fraud Registry. Attorney General. 7.8.2011
highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. ICC rules state teams can make changes only till May 23.England begins their World Cup campaign against South Africa on May 30.Pakistan has lost nine out of 10 ODIs, with one game a no-result. “Everyone will be looking at their phones. Everyone will be wary of that phone call. Even if you feel like you’ve got a good chance to be in the squad, until you hear it from selectors’ mouths, it’s not quite set in stone. As a player, you’re still probably a little bit on edge, particularly with this 16 and 17 players because everyone has performed at some point over the series. In the last couple of years, people have put in strong performances. It’s a tricky decision for selectors and I’m glad I’m not having to make that decision, but it has to be done I suppose. It’s certainly driven us forward in this series,” Woakes said.Nine out of the 10 teams have already announced their 15-man squad with the exception of England, who announced a preliminary squad. According to the ICC rules, teams have till May 23 to make changes to the side for the World Cup.For Pakistan, it was a terrible series as their bowling suffered but coach Mickey Arthur highlighted the fact that their batting had improved leaps and bounds in the series. Arthur stressed that this series has made them ready for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.“People, coming to England, said we were a 280 team. We’ve dispelled that, that’s given our batting unit a massive amount of confidence in the dressing room. I know there’s not too many teams who will arrive in England as prepared as we are in terms of the competition we’ve played against and match-fitness,” explained Arthur, previously a coach of both his native South Africa and Australia. All I know is the players are very determined to do well. Every time they go out there they play for 210 million people. We’ll be ready — come the first game against the West Indies, we’ll be ready,” Arthur said. New Delhi: England warmed up for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 in grand style as they defeated Pakistan by 54 runs in the fifth and final ODI at Leeds to seal the five-match series 4-0. The ICC Cricket World Cup will be held in England after 20 years and it presents Eoin Morgan’s side a great chance to win the World Cup for the first time with the team already on top of the ODI rankings in the world. The batting was in top form with Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Eoin Morgan and Joe Root contributing consistently while the bowling impressed with Jofra Archer, Chris Woakes and others.Woakes was the star in the fifth ODI at Leeds and his haul of 5/54 gave England a good win over Pakistan and the right-arm pacer stated that all the players would be glued to their phone on the day England’s selectors determine the final 15-man squad for the World Cup which will begin on May 30 with the hosts taking on South Africa at The Oval.
Following the decision by the Federal Government to suspend all sports activities over the COVID-19 pandemic, the organizers of the annual FCV Gladiator Camp, have postponed the football clinic earlier scheduled to start on April 5 to 10 in Lagos and April 12 to 17 in Abuja.In a statement signed by the Coordinator of the camp, Oluseyi Oyebode, the postponement becomes necessary as the health of the participants is very important.“The Federal Government has suspended all sports activities and as a law-abiding body, we want to obey the law of the land and that is why we have decided to postpone the camp to July 2020. “The Lagos leg of the camp will be hosted by Grange School in Ikeja, while Aduvie International School will host the Abuja camp of the one-week football clinic,” Oyebode said.Apart from this, he said that the coaches expected from United kingdom (UK) would not be able to make the trip following the ban of flights from Great Britain.The FCV Gladiator Camp is designed to offer international standard football training to school children and their coaches while creating opportunities for talented football players to combine football with academics abroad.The camp is being organized by Dynaspro Sports Promotion Advanta Interactive Ltd in partnership with UK’s first private football academy, FCV International Football Academy.Top coaches from UK are expected to handle proceeding at the camp while school coaches would also be trained by the experts.The camp is open to students between age six and 18 while outstanding players in the two camps (Lagos and Abuja) will be recognised.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Despite battling hard, the University of Wisconsin men’s tennis team (7-6) went 0-3 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association National Championship, held Feb. 14 to 17 at Madison’s own Nielsen Tennis Stadium.Fifteen of the nation’s best teams converged on Nielsen Tennis Stadium for the Championship. It was the first time that Madison had hosted the ITA National Championship since 1979, and the tournament drew casual and avid fans alike.UW VS OSU, Feb. 4The Badger’s first match was against No. 1 The Ohio State University. Coming off a 6–1 loss to the University of Southern California, the Badger’s faced another tough opponent in OSU, the 2019 ITA National Champions. Their top player, John McNally — ranked No. 23 for three consecutive weeks last year — would present an especially difficult challenge.Though their fans made the most of their home-court advantage, filling Nielsen with cheers and chants, the Badgers lost the doubles point. OSU’s duo of McNally and Robert Cash defeated the Badger duo of Chase Colton and Jared Pratt, 6–2.OSU’s James Trotter and Justin Boulais also bested Wisconsin’s Gabriel Huber and Robin Parts, 6–1.Men’s Tennis: Badgers fall to Marquette in rivalry match, look ahead to battle with USCMadison fell to Marquette Thursday Feb. 6, battling to the end at Nielsen Tennis Stadium before falling 4–2. Wisconsin trailed Read…For singles, Colton was faced with the task of taking on McNally. Colton gave them a good show, beating McNally in the first game before McNally’s powerful serve set in. McNally won the next five games, but on game six Colton scraped together enough grit and craftiness to beat McNally, forcing the set to 2–5. In the end, McNally barely got the best of Colton in a final rally to win 6–2.McNally and Colton moved on to their second set. Colton’s serve began giving McNally trouble, and Colton exploited it, attacking the net and sniping forehands wherever McNally wasn’t. McNally was up 5–4 when OSU took the fourth singles point, ending the match by default.OSU’s Cannon Kingsley, Boulais and Trotter defeated Wisconsin’s Huber, Pratt and Lenard Soha, respectively, to take the match 4–0.UW vs Baylor, Feb. 15:The Badgers’ second match was up against No. 8 Baylor University.Baylor won the doubles point with Sven Lah and Constantin Frantzen defeating the Badger’s Colton and Pratt 6–3. Finn Bass and Adrian Boitan beat Robert Krill and Martim Vilela 6–3.The Badgers didn’t get a chance to win a singles point before Baylor won three to end the match, 4–0. Baylor’s Lah, Alex Garcia and Frantzen defeated Wisconsin’s Huber, Krill and Vilela, respectively.Jared Pratt came the closest to giving the Badgers a point, having thrashed Baylor’s Boitan 6–2 in the first set before the match ended.Men’s Tennis: Badgers fall to Princeton before dominating Green Bay, IUPUI in tournamentThe University of Wisconsin men’s tennis team (7-1) suffered their first loss of the season to Princeton (4-1) before bouncing Read…UW vs South Carolina, Feb. 16:The Badgers came out firing on all cylinders Sunday night, with Vilela and Krill quickly dispatching South Carolina’s Paul Jubb and Beau Pelletier 6–4 during doubles play. Colton and Pratt faced Raphael Lambling and Daniel Rodrigues, and battled back from being down 5–6 to win a dramatic tiebreaker set, 7–6.Things continued to look good for the Badgers, with Soha, Pratt and Krill all winning their first sets in singles play.Soha, who faced Phillip Jordan, gorged on his opponent’s weak returns. He sent heavy forehands from one side of the court to the other, sliced backhands that brought Jordan to his knees and served so hard you could hear the ball whistle through the air. Soha won the first set 7–5.On the court next to Soha, Pratt was having a field day with USC’s Rodrigues. He disrupted Rodrigues’ flow with a cocktail of short balls, heavy groundstrokes and killer serves. Whenever Rodrigues faltered, Pratt attacked. Pratt took the first set 6–3.Meanwhile, Krill was working his magic on Jake Beasley, using his technique of returning everything to win the first set 6–3.Men’s tennis: Wisconsin falls to Minnesota in first round of Big Ten tournamentThe University of Wisconsin men’s tennis team (10-12, 4-7 Big Ten) fell in the first round of the Big Ten Read…Unfortunately, Carolina responded.USC’s first point came from Jubbs, who dispatched Colton 6–1, 6–0. On the neighboring court, Lambling defeated Huber 6–3, 6–4.Then Rodrigues mounted a comeback against Pratt, winning the next two sets. USC’s Thomas Brown defeated Parts 6–2, 6–7, 6–2 to propel the Gamecocks to a 4–1 victory.The Badger have three weeks before their next match, when they take on Wright State March 6.
…willing to take lie detector test …says bank account checked out Making it clear that he has nothing to hide, former Alliance For Change (AFC) Member of Parliament Charrandas Persaud has revealed that persons have been investigating him, even checking on his bank account at Scotiabank.Persaud was at the time appearing on a broadcast panel discussion organised by a local firm, Globespan Technology, on Saturday. According to Persaud, whose support of the no-confidence motion that toppled the Government made him a household name, these inquiries failed to unearth ‘dirty money’.“The only reason they’ve given up on (accusations of me) accepting bribes is because they checked through Scotiabank, my account there and they found no money… as a matter of fact they found that I owe on the same Prado… So they’ve given up (on proving I took a bribe).”“They have nothing and will continue to find nothing. They’ve also given up on me buying $1 million in gold,” Persaud said, adding that the very man he was accused of negotiating the gold purchase with is affiliated with the Indigenous People’s Affairs Ministry.”Persaud went on to throw down the gauntlet, saying that he was willing to take a lie detector test to prove he did not accept a bribe.“Yes, I will submit to it. And I’ll tell you that they cannot, no matter what they do with it, find that I accepted bribe, because nobody offered me any money to say I’m bribing you to vote. I voted because of my conscience.”The former MP also responded to Police Commissioner Leslie James, who was recently asked about reports that the Guyana Police Force was investigating Persaud. James had noted that such an investigation pertained to national security.“The Commissioner of Police was grilled by reporters who asked a simple question: ‘James, you are investigating Charrandas Persaud for what criminal activity’. (He said) that is confidential. Why is he a threat to national security? That is confidential. The man had no answer for anything.“So what they want the world to believe is that Charrandas is involved in something criminal, so that when he shows up at the borders they can arrest him and keep him locked up until he hangs himself in prison. They expect that I am going to be locked up. But they have nothing on me,” Persaud informed the panel.Security escortIn addition, Persaud addressed reports about the security escort that accompanied him to the Eugene F Correia airport on December 21, when he left the country after his conscience vote.“The (State media) published that the persons who were with me were known criminals and former members of the death squad. Those are all (lies) that they are coming up with,” Persaud said.According to the show’s presenters, Public Security Minister Khemraj Ramjattan and People’s National Congress (PNC) politician Aubrey Norton were also originally expected to join the discussion.On December 21, the no-confidence motion brought by the parliamentary Opposition – the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) – against the Government succeeded when Persaud, at the time an AFC Member of Parliament, broke ranks and made a conscience vote in favour of the motion.Outside the chambers, Persaud had had some harsh words for the Government while defending his vote. According to the MP, he had voted that way because of the AFC’s subordinate role to the majority A Partnership for National Unity (APNU).Persaud cited examples like Public Health Minister Volda Lawrence’s recent controversial statement about hiring party stalwarts, and pointed out that the AFC leadership did not condemn but rather condoned the statement.At the time, the former MP had noted that his actions may have put his life in jeopardy. In fact, Persaud had mentioned specific threats to his life that he received only minutes after the vote.Persaud had left the country that very night on a flight bound for Canada, where he has citizenship. Since then, there have been allegations floating around that Charrandas was seen leaving the National Assembly escorted by PPP member Peter Ramsaroop.However, on Wednesday, Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo dismissed these claims as mischievous, saying that the businessman was free to befriend whomever he wants to, even if it’s persons from the opposite side of the House.Meanwhile, Ramsaroop has also denied any wrongdoing, telling reporters on Wednesday that Persaud had requested his help – something which he would have done for any of his friends.However, Ramsaroop’s support for Persaud s has caused the Ogle Airport Inc to suspend protocol passes over an alleged security breach. This order came from the Guyana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), although the Airport insisted it did not breach any protocols.According to reports, a Canadian diplomat, along with Ramsaroop, had obtained protocol passes to see Persaud off at the Eugene F Correia Airport, hours after the December 21 sitting of the National Assembly.It is being alleged that the security protocol was breached when Ramsaroop accompanied the diplomat and Persaud onto the tarmac of the East Coast Demerara airport since such passes are not valid for civilians.