Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments (Update: Tuesday at 11 a.m.) â€”Â Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath said the person of interest has been identified. Now the subject is at large.Heath said the WPD is hoping to find the individual in order to question him.“Thanks to all the â€œtipsâ€ received from citizens, the male subject from yesterdayâ€™s press release has been identified,” Heath said. “Additionally, the vehicle stolen over the weekend has been recovered.”â€”â€”â€”by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” Over the past several weeks, Wellington police have been busy investigating a rash of thefts in the southwest part of Wellington – from south of U.S. 160 and 8th Street Â and west of U.S. 81 and G Street. The police are asking for your help (see photos below).Last week, WPD officers investigated the theft of a Ford Ranger pickup stolen from the 1100 block West Harvey, late to be found parked and abandoned in a local business parking lot.This past Sunday morning, Wellington Police investigated several thefts from unlocked motor vehicles after residents living in the 800-900 block of West Lincoln contacted police. Items ranged from cash to personal credit cards. Later on, officers were called back to this area to investigate where alleged thieves had broken into the Rock Island Concession Stand and golf course maintenance building stealing soft drinks, candy and an assortment of keys.Officers remained in the area after a resident in the 700 block West Harvey discovered their 2003 Saturn L300, bearing Kansas license No. #771GVD missing from the driveway.While police have no suspects at this point, the WPD is asking for assistance with identifying the person in the attached photos. If you have any information, we ask contact the Wellington Police Department at 620-326-3331 or Sumner County Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Larger versions of these pictures can be viewed here.Follow us on Twitter.
The government has refused to say whether free travel will be available after 2016 on transport services that may be privatised, according to Donegal Deputy Charlie McConalogue.Charlie McConalogue TD In response to a Parliamentary Question from Fianna Fáil, the Minister for Social Protection Joan Burton refused to state whether the free travel entitlement will be retained in full after the privatisation of certain services.“We have highlighted to Minister Burton the need to ensure that all transport services that currently offer free travel continue to do so when they are tendered out to private contractors by the National Transport Authority,” explained Deputy McConalogue. In response to questions from Fianna Fáil the Minister said “I understand that the National Transport Authority earlier this month launched a public consultation process on its plans to enter into another direct award contract with Dublin and Bus Éireann from December 2014, to amend those contracts in 2016 to reduce the services within those contracts by approximately 10% and, to provide the removed services through separate contracts following an open tender process.“An interdepartmental group, chaired by my Department and including the Department of Transport and the NTA, is currently examining the free travel scheme. This issue is one of the issues which will be considered as part of that review”Deputy McConalogue continued, “When you remove the official jargon from this reply, it is clear that the free travel scheme is under review and that its future is in doubt.“It’s also clear that the Minister is not willing to give any assurance whatsoever in relation to the continuation of free travel services on the ‘removed services’ – in other words, those services that will be privatised. “I am now calling on the Minister to clarify once and for all what her policy is in relation to free travel. She needs to clearly state whether or not it is her intention to continue with the universal free travel that has been available on all public transport since it was introduced by Fianna Fáil back in the ‘60s.” FREE TRAVEL AT RISK CLAIMS McCONALOGUE was last modified: October 14th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:deputy charlie mcconaloguefree travel