Working together with Merseyside Police, we sought criminal prosecutions against the pair and we welcome the substantial sentence, which should serve as a warning to others that there are severe consequences if you defy insolvency and company laws. Today’s sentencing shows that the courts do take the issue of fraud very seriously. Some of the people who were taken in by this fraud were small businesses who were just trying to make a living. No matter what type of company you run, you have to comply with all your legal responsibilities. Mark and Kelie Taylor failed to act responsibly when they were involved with Global Media Corporation and in particular, Mark Taylor was a persistent offender having already been banned from running companies. Merseyside Police’s Economic Crime team have actively targeted publishing fraudsters over the last four to five years, resulting in a large number of arrests and lengthy convictions. Merseyside Police will continue to target those engaged in this type of crime. They were contacted out of the blue and asked to take out advertisements to support emergency organisations and these organisations preyed on the fact that most people would be happy to pay to assist the emergency services. They were then given sub-standard examples of work or received no feedback when they asked questions about issues such as circulation figures. Some businesses were also sent invoices for work they hadn’t agreed to. Mark William Taylor, 51, and Kelie Taylor, 34, of Ellesmere Port, appeared at Liverpool Crown Court on 10 December 2018 following a joint investigation between Merseyside Police and the Insolvency Service’s Criminal Enforcement Team.The case centred on the activities of Global Media Corporation Ltd and Paramount Media Company between 2009 and 2014. The two Wirral-based companies were operated by Mark Taylor, despite being previously disqualified from being a company director.Following a large number of complaints to Action Fraud in relation to the two companies, investigators found that sales representatives would cold-call companies offering advertising space in various magazines which reportedly supported the emergency services.The victims were led to believe that they were investing in legitimate advertising space in magazines to assist the emergency services which are printed and then distributed to a large catchment area.While the majority of the complainants did not pay any money, they were harassed and intimidated by the suspects with threats of debt recovery and litigation.In some cases, sales staff would inform the victims that they were members of the police service or calling from another emergency service.Mark Taylor was banned by the courts for 15 years in April 2016, the maximum term that can be applied, after investigators were able to prove that he acted as a director when he was banned from doing so. Kelie Taylor received an 11-year directorship disqualification from the courts at the same time for allowing her husband to run companies when he had been banned.And husband and wife were both banned from running companies for allowing Global Media Corporation to fail in its duties to HMRC and carry out dishonest sales tactics.Following the disqualifications, Mark Taylor was sentenced to 4.5 years having previously pleaded guilty to two counts of fraud relating to Paramount Media Company and Global Media Corporation, as well as one count of acting in the management of a company – GMC Ltd – while being disqualified from being a company director and perjury.Kelie Taylor pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting Mark Taylor’s disqualification and received a 2-year community order, 175 hours of unpaid work and a supervision requirement for 12 months.John Fitzsimmons, Deputy Chief Investigation Officer for the Insolvency Service, said: Detective Sergeant Joanne Devers, said:
William “Bill” Andrew Weatherston, 53, of Matthews passed away May 13, 2020 at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center. He was born September 29, 1966 in Buffalo, NY, a son of Roger and Marion McIntosh Weatherston.Bill worked as a Facility Director at RoundPoint Mortgage Company in Fort Mill, SC. He enjoyed all sports and was an avid fan of the Buffalo Bills and the Purdue Boilermakers. Bill contributed his time and talent coaching children’s teams through the years, including his kid’s football, soccer, baseball, softball and basketball teams. He also enjoyed spending time with his Brittany Spaniels, Muffin and Louie. He will be remembered for the love he showed to his family.Bill’s survivors include his wife of 31 years, Dani Weatherston of Matthews, NC; son, Cory Weatherston and wife, Ashley of Gastonia, NC; daughter, Grace Weatherston of Matthews, NC; brother, Thomas Weatherston and wife, Teresa Mora Weatherston of Racine, WI; sisters, Mary Weatherston-Pitts and husband, James Pitts of Buffalo, NY; Barbara “Barb” Cole and husband, Ken of Terre Haute, IN and Janice Connelly and husband, Brian of Mt. Airy, MD.A private memorial service will be held at Founders Chapel at McLean Funeral Directors, Gastonia, NC.In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Youth Basketball and Softball Park, PO Box 3, Batesville, IN 47006Condolence messages may be sent online www.mcleanfuneral.com.McLean Funeral Directors of Gastonia is serving the Weatherston family.
RelatedPosts Fulham keen on Lookman loan deal EPL: Calvert-Lewin treble fires Everton past West Brom EPL: Everton set to compound West Brom woes Everton plan to send Dennis Adeniran out on loan next season.The 21-year-old joined the Blues in the summer of 2017 and is now in the final year of his contract. Everton, according to report, intend to secure the midfielder some first-team experience away from the club and a new contract could also be in the offing.Adeniran is yet to make his first-team breakthrough but has been a regular part of training with the senior squad and played in the intra-squad warm-up game at Goodison last month.Everton fielded loan enquiries for the former Fulham youngster in January but the club decided to keep him at Goodison for the remainder of the campaign.Yet a move to the Championship, or equivalent standard abroad, is being looked at by the Blues.Tags: Dennis AdeniranEvertonGoodison Park
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The Barbados ODI witnessed a slew of records being broken. Chris Gayle smashed his 24th century in his first ODI after seven months. West Indies hit a total of 23 sixes during their total of 360/8, which is the most by any team in one ODI innings. However, England made a magnificent response as they chased down the total to achieve the third-highest successful chase in ODIs. Jason Roy and Joe Root’s centuries powered England to a six-wicket win and take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series. In the process of his 14th century, Root achieved a special landmark in his already illustrious career.On 53, Root top-edged a short ball from pacer Oshane Thomas and managed to get a boundary to the fine leg fence. In the process, Root went past 5000 runs and he became the fastest England player and fourth-fastest overall to reach the landmark. Hashim Amla of South Africa is the quickest to get to the landmark having achieved it in just 101 innings. Sir Vivian Richards of West Indies and Indian skipper Virat Kohli reached 5000 runs in 114 innings while Root achieved it in his 116th innings. With his 14th century, Root has extended his advantage in the list of England players with the most international ODI centuries. Marcus Trescothick had 12 centuries in 123 games while Eoin Morgan has 10 in 190 innings. Root, Trescothick and Morgan are the only England players to have 10 or more centuries in ODIs, with Root getting it in just 122 matches.The knock of 102 is Root’s third century against West Indies in ODIs and remarkably, he has gotten all three centuries in the West Indies. In the 2014 ODI in North Sound, Antigua, Root smashed 107 and in the 2017 ODI in Barbados, he smashed 101 as England won both the games by 25 runs and 186 runs respectively.Whenever Root has hit a century, England has tasted defeat just four times. His tally of centuries and average is highest against the West Indies in ODIs and he will be the key for England’s fortunes in the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup which will begin on May 30. Joe Root has the most centuries in ODIs for England.Root is the fastest England player to reach 5000 ODI runs.England achieved the third-highest successful chase in ODIs. highlights
Nadal’s decision to play in all three events is a major boost for organisers after world No 4 Stan Wawrinka pulled out with a back injury.Wawrinka has been replaced in the draw by big-serving Australian Sam Groth.Stan joins fellow Swiss Roger Federer in withdrawing from the Games. Fellow top ten players Milos Raonic, Tomas Berdych and Dominic Thiem have also opted out of the Olympics.The women’s singles have been stripped of Simona Halep, Victoria Azarenka, who is pregnant, Belinda Bencic and Karolina Pliskova. Maria Sharapova, meanwhile, is serving a two-year doping ban.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Rafael Nadal has decided to risk his left wrist injury to take part in Rio and will play in the singles, doubles and mixed doubles.“After discussing it with my team, I have decided I will play everything that I can. We are here and practice has gone well – more or less,” Nadal said. “It’s not an ideal situation – there are always risks.”The 30-year-old, who missed Wimbledon through injury, is scheduled to play doubles with Marc Lopez and mixed doubles with French Open champion Garbine Muguruza.The 14-time slam winner won gold in Beijing eight years ago but missed London with a knee injury. He is due to carry Spain’s flag in Rio.
NEW YORK — After a few weeks of slashing reporters with snarky one-liners about his team’s NCAA Tournament chances, Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim finally let loose. It still took three attempts at the question to finally coax a substantial response out of the 41-year veteran, but he proceeded to spell out Syracuse’s Tournament resume for three minutes.“Every coach in the country that’s on the bubble thinks his team should get in,” Boeheim began, “… I’m not going to say whether we should get in or not, but … last year we had three good wins … this year we have three good wins, three teams in the Top 10 and we beat them.”That’s SU’s strongest case to get an invitation to the Big Dance, whose field is announced this Sunday. Wednesday demonstrated the best case against the Orange getting an NCAA Tournament bid: Syracuse (18-14, 10-8 Atlantic Coast) can’t seem to win on the road and it fell to Miami (21-10, 10-8), 62-57, in its only ACC tournament game. Senior John Gillon had a chance to tie the game with a long 3-pointer in the game’s final seconds, but the point guard couldn’t bury the heroic shot he’s made on a couple of other occasions this season.The Orange’s fate is now out of its hands. Wednesday’s loss in the Barclays Center, while damaging to SU’s Tournament resume, offered Syracuse a final chance to publicly pitch itself as worthy of a spot in March Madness.“Coach told me not to say this,” Gillon said before hesitating a moment, “but I don’t think a lot of teams that beat three Top 10 teams and didn’t get in. It probably hasn’t happened before.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThat certainty wasn’t the case for last year’s Syracuse team, which, unlike this team, earned its best wins in the nonconference portion of the schedule. SU finished only 9-9 in ACC play last season, including three losses to fellow bubble team Pittsburgh. It didn’t have any remarkable upsets midseason like Syracuse’s current squad, save for a road win at Duke.The Orange peaked in November, leading several pundits to incorrectly leave the Orange outside of the 68-team field. The same scenario seems to be shaping up.“That team didn’t have any wins against the top 20,” Boeheim said. “We have better wins than we had last year. We have more wins. We have Miami, we have Clemson on the road, we have Wake Forest. We didn’t have those wins last year.“We have a couple more nonconference losses this year and that’s something that I’m sure will be taken into consideration.”What’s more is that Syracuse is 2-11 in games away from the Carrier Dome this season, only compounding a 8-5 nonconference slate that some already thought doomed the Orange. No player or coach can conjure a logical reason for SU’s dramatic home and away splits, but the NCAA Tournament selection committee doesn’t need an excuse.It’s going to look at the numbers, which don’t tilt at all in Syracuse’s favor.“People keep talking about road losses,” Boeheim said. “In the ACC, there’s four teams going to the tournament that have three wins on the road. We have two … I think the committee, from what I’ve gathered over my years, is looking for teams that could win games in the tournament.”MORE COVERAGEThe Final Word: Beat writers discuss Syracuse’s 62-57 loss against MiamiJohn Gillon can’t pilot Syracuse offense in ACC tournament loss to MiamiWhat we learned from Syracuse’s 62-57 ACC tournament loss to MiamiSyracuse loses to Miami in ACC tournament and now all the Orange can do is waitGallery: Syracuse loses third straight ACC tournament game At least in terms of conference road games, the three teams Boeheim alluded to are likely Miami, Duke and Florida State. Each has three wins in away conference games and all three lost in the Carrier Dome this season. Whether that has any bearing on Syracuse getting in the NCAA Tournament remains to be seen.What’s clear are the facts, which can be skewed both for and against the Orange getting into the NCAA Tournament. One loss in the ACC tournament might not mean anything, or it might mean everything. We’ll know on Sunday. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on March 8, 2017 at 4:49 pm Contact Connor: [email protected] | @connorgrossman
Jose Mourinho accused his Chelsea players of complacency after they were held to a 1-1 draw by Slovenian minnows Maribor in Champions League Group G.The Blues went behind to Agim Ibraimi’s goal but Nemanja Matic equalised before Eden Hazard missed a penalty.”Many times surprises happen when people are not fully focused, when they believe the game can’t be a difficult one,” said Mourinho.”Only when Maribor scored did the players realise the danger.”Match factsChelsea have not lost a competitive match since the semi-final of last season’s Champions League in AprilThe Blues have won just one of their last six away games in the Champions League Chelsea conceded for the first time in 230 minutes away from home in the competitionThe result leaves Chelsea three points clear in Group G, needing to win one of their remaining two matches to guarantee qualification to the knockout phase.Chelsea had thrashed Slovenian champions Maribor 6-0 at Stamford Bridge in their previous Champions League game.And despite having talked up his opponents in the pre-match news conference, Mourinho admitted he must take some of the blame for his players’ attitude in a lacklustre first half.”If I cannot convince the players that the game is difficult and you have to play from minute one, obviously it’s my responsibility,” he said. Mourinho also expressed his frustration with Italian referee Daniele Orsato and his fellow officials.The Blues were denied a penalty early in the second half when Oscar appeared to be tripped and his fellow substitute Diego Costa had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.Mourinho hinted that he had history with Orsato from his time at Inter Milan, adding: “We scored two goals, two very good goals. The second goal, the referee decided to disallow but it’s a clear goal.”Normally we should win because we scored two goals. But we have to accept it.”The referee’s team did not have a good night.”
YOU can’t beat the Cúl Camps for good honest fun.And they are taking place at most GAA clubs across Co Donegal this summer.Here Gabrielle Gallagher captured the fun and the fitness on day one of the Cúl Camp at St Mary’s GAA club in Convoy. PICTURE SPECIAL: WHY IT’S SO CÚL TO BE AT ST MARY’S CONVOY GAA CLUB was last modified: July 1st, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:convoydonegalGAA Cul CampsSt Mary’s GAA club