Swiss bank Vontobel is buying the asset manager Vescore from Switzerland’s Raiffeisen for an undisclosed sum, in a deal the two banks say strengthens their collaboration.The Swiss banks said they were redefining their partnership within asset management and also bolstering their collaboration.In a deal signed by the two on 29 June, Raiffeisen is to focus on advising clients in the investment business, continuing to expand in this area, while Vontobel will concentrate on product development and product management, the banks said.Vontobel said it would make its global asset management, investment process and distribution capabilities available to Raiffeisen, and continue developing and managing certain asset management products for the Raiffeisen group. Axel Schwarzer, head of Vontobel subsidiary Vontobel Asset Management, said: “Vescore ideally complements our existing asset management product portfolio, which is focused on long-term growth.”Vontobel Asset Management began expanding internationally after it was spun off from its parent Vontobel in 2014.In March last year, Vontobel Asset Management took a 60% stake in London-based TwentyFour Asset Management.Vontobel said the acquisition would let it expand its investment capabilities in the areas of sustainable investing and quantitative investing in particular.In addition to this, Vontobel said the move would mean Vontobel Asset Management would strengthen its overall presence in Switzerland, as well as its position in the institutional market in Germany.Vescore’s asset management capabilities include sustainable investing – based on macro, financial, corporate and sustainability research – and quantitative investing and fundamental equity strategies.Vescore’s headquarters are in St Gallen, and it has offices in Basel, Munich, Lausanne, Riga, Vienna and Zurich, managing a total of CHF15bn (€13.8bn) in client assets.The purchase will be financed wholly from Vontobel’s own funds, and the deal – subject to regulatory approval – is expected to close in the third quarter.
Hazel I. Cunningham, 88 of Milan passed away Saturday April 30, 2016 at Ripley Crossing in Milan. Hazel was born Friday April 27, 1928 in Warsaw, Kentucky the daughter of Stanley and Laura (Courtney) Jackson. She married Harry Cunningham who preceded her in death in 2008. Hazel was a homemaker and enjoyed gardening, flowers, watching the birds and family time.Hazel is survived by son Harry Allen Cunningham of Casselberry, Fla; daughters Debbie (Arthur) Thomas of Cross Plains; Sheila (Jeff) Jackson of Lafayette; Barbara J. Bowling of Harrison, Ohio; and Treva Cunningham of Shelbyville; sister-in-law Betty Cunningham, brother-in-law Evan (Georgia) Cunningham, Grandchildren Kevin (Sarah) Thomas; Amy (Scott) Linkel; Jeffery Cunningham; Brett (Jill) Cunningham; Great grandchildren Brady and Brionna Linkel; Katie Thomas, Jackson Cunningham, and 2 step grandchildren. Hazel was preceded in death by her husband and Grandaughter Lisa Simpson, 3 brothers and 4 sisters.Funeral services will be Thursday May, 5, 2016; 11AM at Laws-Carr-Moore Funeral Home with Pastor Charlie Miller officiating. Burial will follow in New Craven Cemetery at Milan. Visitation will be Wednesday 4-7PM at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to Ripley Crossing Activity Fund or Margaret Mary Hospice. Laws-Carr-Moore Funeral Home, Milan entrusted with arrangements,707 S. Main St; Box 243, 47031, (812)654-2141. Go to www.lawscarrmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
The Twins and shortstop Jorge Polanco “are putting the finishing touches” on a contract extension that will cover up to seven years, ESPN.com reported Thursday, citing an unidentified league source.The report appears to show that the Twins consider Polanco, 25, very much a part of their future, coming off a season in which he was suspended for 80 games under MLB’s performance-enhancing drugs policy. Ramirez and the Indians agreed in 2017 to a five-year, $26 million contract extension that included team options for 2022 and ’23. The deal has a maximum value of $50 million, counting the two option years. Polanco, 25, batted .256/.313/.410 with 13 homers and 74 RBIs in 133 games in 2017, his first full season as the Twins’ starting shortstop.In a suspension-shortened 2018 season, he slashed .288/.345/.427 with six home runs and 42 RBIs in 77 games.Polanco claimed in a statement last March that his failed PED test was the result of taking a tainted combination of vitamin B12 and an iron supplement from a trainer in his native Dominican Republic. At least five years of Polanco’s deal will be guaranteed and it’s “similar to” those signed by the Cardinals’ Kolten Wong and the Indians’ Jose Ramirez in which the club gets cost certainty by buying out arbitration years as well as potential early free-agent seasons, ESPN reported.Terms of the deal weren’t reported, but, by example, Wong in 2016 signed a $25.5 million contract extension that runs through 2020 and includes an option for 2021 at $12.5 million, buying out three arbitration-eligible seasons, in which he was slated to make the MLB minimum, and two free-agent seasons after that. Related News Phillies pitcher Pat Neshek thinks MLB’s labor peace is going to come to an end
John Barrow who was jailed for two years for abusing a young boy. Pic by Northwest Newspix.A 72 year old former engineer from West Donegal has been sentenced to two years in prison for sexually assaulting a 10 year old boy.John Barrow, who worked with a local electrical firm, indecently assaulted the young boy in the Crolly area in 1984. Barrow molested the boy after paying him to row his boat while out fishing and on another occasion when they returned from collecting turf.The victim, who now lives abroad, gave his evidence by video-link in the trial.Throughout the trial Barrow, who is originally from Co Louth, denied the allegations and pleaded not guilty.However a jury found him guilty of the two charges of indecent assault and yesterday he was sentenced to a total of two years in jail by Judge Francis Comerford at Letterkenny Circuit Court.In a witness impact statement given by the victim and read out in court, he said he had grown up a very angry and misunderstood young man.He got into trouble with the law, had drank too much alcohol and also took drugs.His marriage also broke down and he was now estranged from his wife and children.He revealed how up until recently, he could never tell his family what had happened to him and now he wanted to apologise for all he had done to them.He described the huge relief he found when he told a cousin about what had happened to him as a child and he encouraged him to contact the Gardai.He said “I will never be able to forget what that man did to me as a child. He has taken away my innocence and that can never be replaced.”The court had previously heard details on how Barrow had preyed on the young boy.He had offered him IR£5 to row his boat onto a lake for a fishing trip in 1984.After owing out to a small island, Barrow gave the boy a condom and asked him to put it on.The victim said he was unable to do so but that the pensioner then produced pornographic material from a black bin liner and committed a sex act.A couple of weeks later he said he was offered more money to help bring in turf.On this occasion, the victim said, the pornographic material was produced again and he was told to take it to a bedroom.The pensioner then got into the bed beside him, touched him and committed another sex attack.The court heard that Barrow is now 72 and suffers from ill health including a blood disorder.Judge Francis Comerford said he accepted that Barrow was of a certain age was unlikely to reoffend.However, he cited the fact that Barrow had continued to insist that he was innocent.“This is an indecent assault on a 10 year old child without any indication of any remorse.“This is a tremendously serious crime and will have lifelong consequences for (the victim),” he said.He sentenced Barrow to two years for each of the two indecent assault on the then ten year old boy but ordered that they run concurrently.He also placed the pensioner on the sex offenders register for 10 years.FORMER ENGINEER JAILED FOR SEXUALLY ABUSING 10 YEAR OLD BOY was last modified: July 18th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:abusecourtCrollydonegalGardaiJohn Barrowsex abuse