Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Matthew Klopfenstein, from Wayne Trace, is the new Ohio FFA President.President: Matthew Klopfenstein, Wayne TraceVice President: Mary Buehler, AnnaSecretary: Michaela Kramer, BotkinsTreasurer: Haley Wilson, SheridanReporter: Aaron Klohn, ClydeSentinel: Robert Thiel, RidgedaleRegional Vice President at Large: Lesley Shanahan, Mechanicsburg; Ryan Goddard, A.B. Graham Ohio Hi-Point; Alyssa McQuiston, Miami Valley CTC; Sarah Landis, Valley View-MVCTC; and Madison Sheahan, Genoa-Penta.
Uttar Pradesh was hit by another deadly dust storm that claimed 17 lives and left 11 persons injured on Friday evening.A U.P. government spokesperson on Saturday said that most of the deaths were caused due to falling of trees and house collapse.Moradabad bore the maximum brunt of the storm, with as many as seven deaths reported from the district, followed by three deaths from Sambhal, the State government spokesperson said.Two deaths were reported each from Badaun, Muzaffarnagar and Meerut, while one death was reported from Amroha, he said.Five persons were injured in Amroha, three in Moradabad, two in Muzaffarnagar and one in Badaun.The State government has directed all district magistrates to distribute relief within 24 hours.The State was swept by three major dust storms last month that left over 130 people dead.On May 13, 39 people died in various districts including Bareilly, Barabanki, Bulandshahr and Lakhimpur Khiri districts.On May 9, a severe storm left 18 dead and 27 others injured. Five people died in Etawah district, three each in Mathura, Aligarh and Agra, two in Firozabad and one each in Hathras and Kanpur Dehat.Thunderstorms and lightning on May 2-3 left 80 dead in the State, most of them in Agra district in the western part of the State.
‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport LATEST STORIES MOST READ Back on track Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew TORONTO, ONTARIO – JUNE 02: Kawhi Leonard #2 of the Toronto Raptors is defended by Klay Thompson #11 of the Golden State Warriors in the first half during Game Two of the 2019 NBA Finals at Scotiabank Arena on June 02, 2019 in Toronto, Canada. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images/AFPKawhi Leonard has 16 points, Fred VanVleet has come off the bench to score 12 and the Toronto Raptors lead the Golden State Warriors 59-54 at halftime of Game 2 of the NBA Finals.The Raptors led by as many as 12 before the Warriors made a dent in the deficit late in the half.ADVERTISEMENT Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Who are Filipinos rooting for in the NBA Finals? PLAY LIST 01:43Who are Filipinos rooting for in the NBA Finals?03:12Kevin Durant out with Achilles injury; to undergo MRI on Tuesday01:48NBA: Kawhi, George seek more for Clippers than beating Lakers02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war Klay Thompson has 18 points and Stephen Curry made his last four shots —after an 0 for 6 start— to get to 16 by halftime for Golden State.The Warriors started 9 for 33 from the floor — 27 percent. They then made their last seven shots of the half.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess View comments
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man City boss Guardiola: Eric Garcia deserved his chanceby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola says Eric Garcia deserved his chance for their Carabao Cup quarterfinal shootout victory over Leicester City.Guardiola reserved special praise for Garcia at the final whistle. “Eric has a lot of personality,” he said.”He is a guy who has a lot of positional sense. He’s not the strongest one or the fastest but few times do the opponent beat him positionally.”He’s able to guide the line. He has good vision, a good pass. I’m very pleased. He didn’t make one mistake. One thing is a friendly and the other is a knockout game. He was incredible.”
Luton manager Jones expects Justin to feature for Leicesterby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveLuton Town manager Graeme Jones expects James Justin to make his Leicester City debut in their Carabao Cup clash.Justin left Luton in the summer, signing a five-year-deal at the King Power Stadium having impressed last season, helping his side to Championship promotion and earning himself a spot in the League One team of the season. Jones said; “That was the sad part of the job for me, coming in when you’ve got two really dominant full-backs – I saw Jack Stacey play on Friday and you see what he brings to the show, James Justin exactly the same.”You come in and you haven’t got those players available, which is disappointing, but I think what everyone needs to remember is what he did for the football club, what both of them did.“But obviously James is coming back, how luck would have it.”I expect him to make his debut tonight for Leicester, so you’d think we will give him a warm reception and then make it as difficult as we can for him, so I look forward to seeing him. I am aware of what James Justin can do, he was regarded as possibly our best player here – he hasn’t played for Leicester yet, so it gives you an idea of the level.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
VANCOUVER, B.C. – The federal government says it will monitor underwater ship and mammal noise in British Columbia’s Salish Sea to help develop measures to support the recovery of endangered southern resident killer whales.Terry Beech, parliamentary secretary to the transportation minister, announced the measures as his government is set to face new scrutiny on the impacts of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion on the threatened species.A court ruling found the National Energy Board failed to assess the pipeline project’s effects on the marine environment and the government has asked the board to reconsider that part of the review by Feb. 22. The project would increase tanker traffic in Burrard Inlet seven-fold and whale experts argue there is already too much traffic for the 74-member southern resident whale population to survive.Beech says Transport Canada will spend $1.6 million on measures including deploying an underwater hydrophone, or listening device, at Boundary Pass in the Salish Sea.He also says the department will carry out a four-year project to better predict propeller noise and hull vibration of a vessel.
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday quashed land acquisition process for the Rs 10,000 crore Salem-Chennai eight-lane green corridor project, holding it required a mega realignment as the proposed route would have an adverse effect on environment.A special bench of Justice T S Sivagnanam and Justice Bhavani Subbarayan passed the order allowing a batch of petitions by 35 land owners and PMK leader Anbumani Ramadoss. The bench observed the project would have an adverse effect on the environment, water bodies and it needed a mega realignment. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The court had on December 14, 2018, reserved orders on the batch of petitions, challenging land acquisition proceedings. The ambitious 277.3 km long eight-lane greenfield project connecting Salem and Chennai under the Centre’s ‘Bharatmala Pariyojana’ scheme aims to cut travel time between the two cities by half to about two hours and 15 minutes. However, it has has been facing opposition from a section of locals, including farmers, over fears of losing their land, besides environmentalists who are against felling of trees for it.
The Paris Saint-Germain coach is keeping quiet especially about Edinson Cavani’s chance of playing on Tuesday against NapoliUruguayan striker Edinson Cavani has been struggling with injury for some time.But Paris Saint-Germain manager Thomas Tuchel won’t confirm if the South American will be able to play tomorrow night against Napoli in the UEFA Champions League.“I can’t say, it’s Monday afternoon so I can’t say who will play,” Tuchel said according to Football Italia.PSG ultras sent a warning letter to Neymar Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Brazilian superstar Neymar might play today his first game of the season for Paris Saint-Germain and the team’s ultras have warned him.“Cavani is with us and he’s trained, we’ll see later.”“You always say that we’re favorites, that Napoli are small or outsiders. We know it’s a huge challenge though, the 2-2 in the first game was well deserved. We could have done better but for 30 minutes we were not at our level,” he added.“Napoli are a strong team, they’ve been playing together for a long time. They have an understanding, quality, and defensive discipline.”“It’ll be a big challenge but we want to win, this is the second half after the 2-2 in the first. We’re coming off two beautiful games against Marseille and Lille,” he commented.
Even though the elimination against Girona was painful for Atletico Madrid, striker Antoine Griezmann wanted to remind everyone they are still in La Liga.Despite last Wednesday’s Copa del Rey elimination for Atletico Madrid against Girona, this shocking setback doesn’t stir Antoine Griezmann from the main two objectives this season.The Colchoneros began the season with a clear goal, which is to fight for La Liga and most importantly, the Champions League.The continental tournament’s final will take place at the new Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in Madrid, a unique opportunity for all Atletico fans that the club doesn’t want to pass and they are still determined to get all the way to the last stages of the competition.But fortunately for them, the Colchoneros are also still in the fight to win La Liga this season and they are far from finished despite last Thursday’s heartbreak.Manager Diego Simeone did send a hopeful message after the match, one that struck a nerve amongst the players and possible will help them forget this sour moment sooner rather than later.Such a tight schedule of games don’t leave any time to delve into what happened, Atletico Madrid has a new commitment on Saturday when they visit Huesca for La Liga.🏆🏧 @AntoGriezmann, winner of @futbolmahou’s #Jugador5EstrellasATM Award for December, on the match against @SDHuesca: “We hope to get the three points.”#AúpaAtleti pic.twitter.com/YtkFM5zbyb— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) January 18, 2019The Colchoneros are currently second placed on the table with 38 units, they are only five points behind FC Barcelona who have 43.Diego Simeone’s players are currently not able to indulge themselves into slacking off, they have a very complicated visit on Saturday and they simply can’t drop off any more points if they want to still consider themselves title contenders.Despite the main objective being the Champions League this season, even the players are aware that fighting for La Liga is just as important.“We are okay, we are still fighting for the first position in La Liga but there are many matches still ahead and we have to see where we end up by the end of the season,” said Griezmann as quoted by Diario Sport.“We have to keep working hard, we have to win every single match we have left and we can’t leave any points behind.”“Each away match is always complicated because the rival tends to park the bus, plus we always have their supporters pushing their squad.”Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“We have to grow stronger and hopefully, we can get the three points at Huesca,” he added.El trofeo #Jugador5EstrellasATM de diciembre en el @Atleti ya ha sido entregado a @AntoGriezmann ¡Enhorabuena! ⚽️🏆 pic.twitter.com/bnPoe2OMS5— Fútbol Mahou (@futbolmahou) January 18, 2019Although the Colchoneros are not feeling quite happy for the elimination, even manager Diego Simeone wanted to let the players know that they all need to change the chip now and they can’t waste any more time.Atletico Madrid has a recent poor history with eliminations of this nature, they recently got eliminated in last season’s Champions League by modest Qarabag in the Round of 16 but they were able to recover by winning the Europa League.In past seasons, the two times European Cup finalist was already eliminated by Rubin Kazan in the UEFA Europa League and once again by Celta de Vigo in Copa del Rey.The latest from last Wednesday, just adds up to the dark history of Diego Simeone as the Atletico Madrid manager.The biggest hope is that this new setback doesn’t affect the other competitions, ‘Cholo’ is only hoping that he can have the patience this season for anything that comes his way.Because let us not fool ourselves, if Atletico Madrid doesn’t get to at least compete for the two competitions they have left with honor, there is a big chance that the club’s board of directors decide to sack Diego Simeone for next season.🎥 | #ATMFLASHSimeone, Koke and Correa spoke after the #AtletiGirona match.#AúpaAtleti pic.twitter.com/tCTe7UjJwh— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) January 16, 2019Which of the two remaining competitions can Atletico Madrid win by the end of the season? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
NORTH READING, MA — Mario J. Miani, 94, of North Reading, formerly of Ansonia, CT, passed on Monday, May 6, 2019 at Windsor Place of Wilmington.Born in Derby, CT on August 9, 1924, son of the late Giuseppe and Giovina (DiGiovanni) Miani. He was a graduate of Derby High School, he attended 4 years at Bridgeport Engineering and 8 years of night school at Boston University.Mario was a Conceptual Design Engineer, he worked on Missile Re-entry Systems, space satellites, under sea technology and lasers. He worked for AVCO Systems Division in Wilmington for 16 years, AVCO Everett Research Division in Everett for 14 years and Science Research Lab for 5 years.Mario loved working on cars, especially Fiats and Chryslers, DIY projects and bowling. He loved the Patriots and most of all spending time with his family.He has been a resident of North Reading for over 61 years. He was a member of St. Theresa’s Church and the Knights of Columbus.Family members include his loving wife of over 66 years, Eleanor G. (Derry) Miani; He was a proud and loving father of three, Cathy Lynn Mizzell and her husband George of Birmingham, AL, Barbara A. Bochart and her husband Thomas of Tewksbury and Thomas J. Miani Sr. and his wife Joan of Methuen; he was the brother of the late Peter and Dino Miani and Hilda Testone; grandfather of 5 grandchildren, Elizabeth “Betsy” Colon, Andrew Bochart, Thomas Miani, Jr., Gina Miani, Robert Mizzell; one great grandchild, Tayla-Rae Colon; and his very close dear friend, Milan Tekula and his wife Dorothy of Saugus and many nieces and nephews.Visitation will be held at the Croswell Funeral Home, 19 Bow Street, North Reading on Friday, May 10 from 9 to 10:30 AM, followed by an 11 AM Funeral Mass at St. Theresa’s Church, 63 Winter Street (Rt. 62), North Reading. Interment will be in Riverside Cemetery in North Reading. Memorial donations may be made in his memory the American Cancer Society, 30 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701 or Hospice Services of Massachusetts, 391 Broadway Street, Everett, MA 02149.Mario J. Miani(NOTE: The above obituary is from Crosswell Funeral Home.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedOBITUARY: Anthony Charles Mack, 78In “Obituaries”OBITUARY: Judith Elaine Sias Guertin, 76In “Obituaries”OBITUARY: Carl J.A. Anderson, Jr., 89In “Obituaries”